Construction and Design Operations Manager / Consultant
American Homebuilders of West Africa (AHWA) is seeking a Construction and Design Operations Manager for its growing business in West Africa. We are open to either a full or part-time person initially as a contractor. We are very flexible on where the person is located and what and how many hours they work. We are results oriented and not concerned if you prefer to work in the middle of the night or during regular business hours. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Our primary goal for the position early on is to formalize systems and processes.
- Oversight of building operations
- Driving implementation of technology to improve efficiency and operational controls
- Design and implementation of quality control program
- Oversight of site safety program
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Civil or Construction Engineering or equivalent experience
- Good command of written and spoken French
- At least one year of construction experience in West Africa
- Self starting and motivated
- Strong information technology skills – ideally experience with BuilderTrend our project management system or something similar
- Design or Construction experience in the US or another OECD country
- Good skills with project controls including:
- Project cost control
- Quality systems
- Material tracking and management
- Position could be based anywhere in the world and could involve some travel to West Africa if desired..
We are a small organization and each person must take responsibility for setting her/his own agenda and driving results. The role will involve collaboration with teams based in Guinea, Côte d’Ivoire, Liberia and other West African countries. Our ideal candidate would start as a part time contractor (10-20 hours per week) and eventually work into a full time role.
We are open to talking to all interested candidates even if she does not exactly fit the profile. The most important skills are the ability to work independently, learn, get things done and collaborate. All other gaps can be filled in.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com with subject line “Application for Construction Operations Position”. We strongly urge all candidates to carefully read the FAQ on this site before applying.