This post is also available in: Français (French)
American Homebuilders of West Africa (AHWA) is seeking a Construction and Design Operations Manager for its growing business in West Africa. We are open to either a full or part-time person initially as a contractor. We are very flexible on where the person is located and what and how many hours they work. We are results oriented and not concerned if you prefer to work in the middle of the night or during regular business hours. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Our primary goal for the position early on is to formalize systems and processes.
The primary duties will be:
- Oversight of building operations
- Driving implementation of technology to improve efficiency and operational controls
- Design and implementation of quality control program
- Design and oversight of site safety program
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Civil or Construction Engineering or equivalent experience
- Good command of written and spoken French
- At least one year of construction experience in West Africa
- Self starting and motivated
- Strong information technology skills – ideally experience with BuilderTrend our project management system or something similar
- Design or Construction experience in the US or another OECD country
- Good skills with project controls including:
- Project cost control
- Quality systems
- Material tracking and management
- Position could be based anywhere and could involve some travel to West Africa if desired.
We are a small organization and each person must take responsibility for setting her/his own agenda and driving results. The role will involve collaboration with teams based in Guinea, Côte d’Ivoire, Liberia and other West African countries. Our ideal candidate would start as a part time contractor (10-20 hours per week) and eventually work into a full time role.
We are open to talking to all interested candidates even if she does not exactly fit the profile. The most important skills are the ability to work independently, learn, get things done and collaborate. All other gaps can be filled in.
To respond to this announcement, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We strongly encourage you to study our website (including FAQ), Facebook page and YouTube channel before applying.
American Homebuilders of West Africa (AHWA) designs, builds and sells high quality, affordable housing in West Africa. AHWA markets homes to members of the West African diaspora, private sector professionals, employee cooperatives and others in West Africa. AHWA offers buyers three key benefits they are unable to access elsewhere: security of their investment, quality construction, and access to finance. AHWA has demonstrated proof-of-concept and positive cash flow in Guinea and plans to expand to neighboring countries (e.g. Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Senegal, etc.) in 2018 and beyond to help alleviate the regional housing shortage of approximately three million units. AHWA is an equal-opportunity business; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
General Information About the Job
While we have effectively used various social media and other digital channels for lead generation and brand-building over the past 4 years, we currently do not have a fully integrated, coherent social media strategy.
We have thousands of elements of content (photos, videos, etc.) that can be used for social media posts.
We are looking for someone who can work on contract, remotely, to deliver a more comprehensive social media management operation, including:
- scheduling social media posts
- maintenance of post comment threads
- interaction with prospects in messaging and comment threads
- social media advertising
- analysis of channel performance
- increase of social media following and website visits
- expansion of brand awareness into new target client markets.
AWHA maintains the following digital properties:
- WordPress website (663 active users / month)
- Includes chat and callback functionality linked to CRM
- Facebook page (20K+ followers)
- Includes chat functionality linked to CRM
- LinkedIn company page (148 followers)
- Twitter account (373 followers)
- Most tweets currently triggered automatically by Linkedin posts
- Pinterest account (320 monthly viewers)
- Instagram account (68 followers)
- YouTube channel (582 subscribers, 20K+ views / month)
- We have an established Mailchimp list with nearly 3000 leads, and history of dozens of campaigns.
- Redbubble page for branded merchandise
In addition, AHWA uses the following VOIP and messaging apps to communicate with prospects and clients:
This position is one that can be tightly-scoped, or can be broadened, based on your level of interest, skill, and availability. If you are capable of not just social media management but also management of an associated lead nurturing email campaign, then we can discuss that. If you are also able to set up automated chat bots for managing client communications at the widest part of the sales funnel, we can discuss that. If you are strictly focused on creating social media posts and analyzing social media channels and advertising, then that’s fine too.
Purpose and Scope of Work
We provide a product and service of great value to anyone wishing to build a home in West Africa. We want to get the word out to more people in our target demographics about the work that we do, and we want to continue to expand awareness of our brand and our reputation for quality, convenience, and reliability (trust).
As we expand from our initial market in Guinea to other markets in the West Africa region (Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Ghana, etc.), we want to have a robust social media marketing program in place that allows our brand’s messaging to achieve broad exposure that will spur generation of high-quality leads.
We have a bias toward punching above our weight, and achieving big results with small investments. Your experience innovating use of social media channels to deliver high impact at low cost will be more interesting to us than your history managing a 7-figure social media management budget.
The role of the Social Media Manager is to take the solid foundation the company has built over the past 4 years, grow our presence across additional social media channels, coordinate with lead nurturing campaigns, spur increased engagement across all social media channels, all with the goal of delivering a steady stream of well-qualified leads into the sales team’s laps, so that we can expand our business and deliver increasing numbers of high-quality homes across the region.
- Lead day-to-day social media initiatives; including writing and posting diverse content and developing strategies to optimize user engagement, drive action, and monetize the brand’s presence across all major channels – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Be responsible for engagement, moderation and social customer support across the social web.
- Assess daily and weekly reports on the effectiveness of social campaigns, develop new strategies as appropriate and share with key business partners.
- Spearhead the creation and execution of social media strategy on existing and emerging social platforms.
- Drive referral traffic from social channels to AHWA owned channels and websites.
- Improve advertising impact through innovative and cost-efficient social media marketing
- Build and maintain a social media calendar for short- and long-term efforts, ensuring that social channels are aligned with marketing and content calendars.
- Monitor trends in tools, culture, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to growing the use of social media at AHWA.
- Maintain posting guidelines and brand style guide for all social channels.
- Support AHWA products and services as appropriate with specific social campaigns.
- Manage the creative process for social media-specific design assets and work closely with the sales team and creative content contractors to ensure that strong marketing standard methodologies are being met.
Specific deliverables will include but are not limited to:
- 1 – 5 posts each day on social media channels
- 1 – 5 boosted posts or targeted advertising campaigns each month on social media channels
- Weekly summary report of activity
- Monthly summary report of activity including performance analysis and audience growth metrics
- Real-time response to comments on social media posts
Job Skills / Requirements / Qualifications
- We like to work with people who can solve unstructured problems and learn on the fly. Your ability to perform at high levels with autonomy, mastery, and purpose is much more important than how many years you have worked or the company names in your employment history. That said, below are some skills and qualifying experiences we believe would benefit anyone interested in this position.
- 5+ years of social media-specific experience with deep knowledge of all major platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Demonstrable success in building in-house influencer networks, using social listening tools to identify actionable learnings, managing paid social campaigns and balancing follower growth with engagement
- Familiarity with scheduling software (such as Hootsuite or Sprout, etc.)
- Familiarity with analytics programs (such as Snaplytics, Quintly, Google Supermetrics Metrics, etc.)
- Presentation skills (such as Google Presentations, Open Office, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proven experience building and managing paid campaigns
- Ability to work independently and as a supportive member of a larger team
- Experience in video and interactive branded experience is a plus
- French language skills preferred
Compensation, Perks, Benefits
- This is a contract with a flat monthly fee to be negotiated based on contractor skills, experience, and deliverables.
- We anticipate the position will involve 5 – 10 hours of work each week
- Contract start date is November 1, 2018
- Payment is made as follows: 50% of monthly contract value at contract signing; 50% at end of month. Subsequent months paid out 50% at beginning of month and 50% at end of month.
- Contract automatically renews each month until cancellation by AHWA or Contractor
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Work any hours you like
- Must be available at least one hour each week during US East Coast work hours for update call with AHWA
- Occasionally we make equity participation opportunities available to long-term, high-impact contractors
To apply, submit cover letter describing your vision for the role, along with CV, Resume or other document explaining your work and education history. Please do not apply if you have not read the job posting in detail, reviewed our website at www.africa-housing.com (including FAQs), and looked through our Facebook page and YouTube channel. Applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject “Social Media Manager Application”.